Tuesday, January 12, 2010

TorchButton

About a year and half back I got my previous phone, the HTC Touch Pro (a.k.a. the HTC Raphael). On all the HTC phones I had before that, a utility existed to turn on the flashlight led on the back of the phone to allow the phone to be used as torchlight.

However, as the Raphael had just come out, and the old utility didn't work for that phone, I got itchy and wanted to get this feature done anyway. After reverse engineering the camera app and dll, I released TorchButton v1.x series. I added some features to the request of other uses of the XDA forum.

For the HTC HD2 (a.k.a. HTC Leo) I had the exact same problem. I added support for the Leo and released TorchButton v2.x series. Newer versions have new lovely icons and I also added support for the Samsung Omnia i9x0 devices. Check the thread for more info.

Although I won't add support for every phone in TorchButton, my next phone will certainly be supported as well. That's still a bit into the future though, as I'm still pleased with the HD2. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment